STEP FORWARD is a Support Program for individuals re-entering the workforce from corrective services and drug and alcohol rehabs.
All people, no matter their backgrounds, education or impediments, deserve the chance of gainful and fulfilling employment. All people deserve to be given the self-esteem, motivation and pre-employment skills to help make the most of their lives.
Step Forward is a 4 day course designed for clients looking for work whilst they are attempting to recover from addictive behaviour. It is also suitable for clients identifying that they may have issues with alcohol, drugs or gambling.
The course is conducted by a qualified Drug and Alcohol Counsellor, with 23 years sobriety, and 10 years management experience in recruitment. The primary focus for all clients is to identify employment and vocational stability, whilst also addressing the issues arising from addictive behaviours.
The Job Whisperer is committed to approaching clients with a non-judgmental and open-minded attitude, to meet both the immediate and long-term needs of jobseekers with addictive behaviour. This is done in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment where everyone is viewed equally.
Delivery: 4 consecutive days (9:30-4:30pm)
- Daily verbal client appraisal
- Client will be assessed with a recovery or employment pathway
- Results of ideal occupation questionnaire
- Suggested realistic immediate job choices
- Suggested long term choices
- Resume reviewed and updated
- Personalised Cover Letter and Thank You Letter provided
- Written client appraisals and attendance reports
- Suggested continued strategies and follow up
- Ongoing mentoring for clients requiring further support with their lifestyle/employment changes
The programs on these pages are targeted towards Job Service Providers and large organisations that can provide 10+ job seekers per training group. If you are an individual job seeker please check out the 6 day employment challenge and online coaching pages.